Fietsen op Fuerteventura
Natuurparadijs voor fietsers
Fuerteventura - Eldorado for Road Bike, Mountain bike & Co.
Some like to be out in the nature, others love the thrill and there are also those who appreciate the physical challenge. Cycling in many ways no longer is just a means of transportation; it rather has become sport, leisure and fun. And that's why cycling is one of Fuerteventura's favorite holiday activities. It doesn’t matter if you want to take a ride with the mountain bike or the road bike through Fuerteventura. The breathtaking volcanic backdrop, not only animates passionate fans, but also one or the other couch-potatoes to explore the island by bicycle.
Cycling in Fuerteventura means to stay fit or in training on vacation for some. While others instead take the opportunity to familiarize with this sport or to start doing something for themselves and their health. Basically, most bike tours are suitable for everyone, as they are offered in different difficulty levels. The only exceptions are mountain and road bikes; as they require a certain level for technique and physical fitness. The local pros also offer numerous guided tours. In the following article, you will learn how to find the right tour for you and what you absolutely must consider to enjoy your bicycle tour to the fullest.
- Fuerteventura - ideal for cycling
- Road bike tours in Fuerteventura
- Mountain bike tours in Fuerteventura
- City bike tours in Fuerteventura
- E-bike tours in Fuerteventura
- Rent a bike Fuerteventura
- The correct behavior when cycling
- How to find the right bike tour
- How to book correctly
- What bike tours include
- Participation requirements
- What you should have on the tour
- Our cycling tours in Fuerteventura
Why Is Fuerteventura Ideal for Cycling?
Fuerteventura is one of the oldest of the Canary Islands, and erosion has done a good job over the past few million years. On many roads and trails, there are much less steep slopes than for example in Gran Canaria and that’s why the island is ideal for cycling. Absolute cracks will certainly find challenging terrain for their racing and mountain bikes in Fuerteventura. Most of the roads are sparsely used and well developed. The off-road trails are mostly signposted and in excellent condition. However, if you do not feel like making your own routes and having to navigate during the tour, we recommend booking a guided bike tour.
What Bike Tours Are Offered in Fuerteventura?
Fuerteventura Road Bike Tours - Ideal Conditions
The hinterland of this Canary Island is sparsely populated. Yet many of the roads are well paved even in the remotest corners of the island. At the same time, car traffic is very little. Simply ideal conditions to discover Fuerteventura on a road bike tour. The guides know their way around exactly and know the most peaceful areas and where to find the most exuberant nature. In the interior of the island one must face one or the other steep slope. If you want to participate in a road bike tour, it is therefore advisable that you already have some driving experience and a certain basic physical fitness.
Fuerteventura Mountain Bike Tours - The Best Routes
The nature park and some parts of the coast offer first-class opportunities for mountain bikers. There are and lots of unpaved trails, that offer one scenic highlight after the other. The following rule also applies with the mountain bike in Fuerteventura: You will have to climb a mountain first to then enjoy an exciting descent. This is a real pleasure with your Full Supension mountain bike; however, it requires a minimum of technical experience.
Fuerteventura City Bike Tours
A city bike is a mixture of road bike and mountain bike. It has springs in the front, 29 inch wheels and a suitable gearshift to overcome one or the other slope, in case this would be necessary. A city bike tour in Fuerteventura means cycling in a completely relaxed way. The routes are chosen to avoid steep climbs or even only go downhill. Therefore, they are ideal for beginners, untrained people and the whole family.
Fuerteventura E-Bike Tours
When pedaling you notice how you move forward with very little effort. Thanks to the e-bike, you can master a few very steep slopes even if you are untrained. On these tours, the main objective is to enjoy nature and to explore the island in a pleasant and comfortable way. Many of these bikes are suitable for off-road nowadays, so that you can also get to see less accessible areas on the tour. These e-bike tours are perfect for beginners and families and as they are simply fun.
The Most Important Information About Cycling on Fuerteventura
What About Bike Hire in Fuerteventura
In Morro Jable, Jandía, Costa Calma, Caleta de Fuste or Corralejo you can read at almost every corner: Rent a Bike. And why not? If you hire a bike on Fuerteventura and want to go on tour on your own, please think about your route and what you need to take with you in advance. When planning consider, that it may happen that you won’t meet any people or find villages for hours in the sparsely populated interior of the island. Therefore, make sure to take enough water with you. You get the bicycle helmet from the rental station.
How do I Behave When Cycling on Fuerteventura?
Consideration and respect for nature are the top maxims of cycling in Fuerteventura and elsewhere in the world. Since cyclists and motorists are forced to coexistence on the public asphalt roads. Therefore, cyclists should always drive one behind the other and as far as possible to the right. This avoids dangerous (overtaking) situations. Do not just throw your garbage on the side of the road and do not let (chain) oil drip into the ground. The environment and nature will thank you. Always wear your bike helmet. An important aspect of safety. And in Spain the helmet is also mandatory when riding a bike.
Which Bike Tour Suits Me Best?
How to Find the Right Bike Tour
- For nature lovers and adrenaline junkies: Those who love the deep hinterland, far from civilization and pure nature, should practice mountain biking. But these tours also require a taste for thrill, as some of the downhill trails pump a good dose of adrenaline into your veins. As an absolute MTB beginner, you should not participate in this adventure in Fuerteventura. You should definitely have some previous experience same as good physical fitness, and above all, you should not be afraid of speed and heights.
- For fitness freaks: For fitness freaks: Who is physically fit and looking for a personal challenge, is in good hands on a road bike tour. People who have just decided to start sports or don’t even like to be active are in the wrong place. Because even though the offered road bike tours have levels from easy to difficult, even “easy” requires a certain degree of basic physical fitness.
- For adventure-sightseers: Those who want to try out cycling or simply want to experience an activity close to nature, should take part in a city bike tour. These tours are designed, so that even the poorly trained enjoy exploring the surrounding by bike. In general only a few small slopes must be overcome and some even only go downhill. These tours are perfect for families with younger children and untrained people.
- For the comfortable: If you do not like the effort, but still want to explore the beautiful surroundings of Fuerteventura by bicycle, e-bike tours are the best choice. When going uphill, the little electric assistant on your bike will support you. Even though you will still have to pedal, it hardly requires any strength. E-bike tours are ideal as a family experience and unsportsmanlike.
What Should I Consider When Booking a Bike Tour?
How to Book a Bike Tour
The most important thing is to find out about the requirements of the respective bike tours regarding fitness and technique. In the tour descriptions you will find all the details concerning the length of the tour, the ascent to overcome and a difficulty classification in a scale (1 = simple, 10 = very difficult or similar). Be honest with yourself and assess your physical shape realistically. The process of a bicycle tour is disturbed significantly if a participant does not meet the required conditions and therefore is overwhelmed with the tour.
What Is Included in the Bike Tours?
In addition to bicycle helmets you get high quality bikes. These are well maintained and often new. Some operators serve snacks and something to drink. If necessary, you can rent special pedals and additional equipment (such as for downhill biking) on site. Most organizers offer hotel transfers. Whether this is the case and from which locations, you will find in our tour descriptions under “Services & Prices”.
What Are the Requirements For Participating in a Bike Tour?
- Personal requirements: Many bike tours require a special level of fitness and technique. Carefully check the information on kilometers, ascent, fitness and technical level. Only take part in a tour if you are convinced that you meet all the requirements.
- Minimum age: The required minimum age varies according on the type of bike tour. It can be between 8 and 16 years.
- Weight: On some bike tours you must not exceed a maximum weight.
- Minimum size: There are also guidelines for some tours.
- Children: Children can join the tours if they meet the above requirements.
What Should I Bring to a Bike Tour?
You Cannot Forget That on a Bike Tour
- Cycling shorts and gloves: are highly recommended on demanding tours, as you will start to feel the kilometers traveled sooner or later.
- Firm and closed shoes: are mandatory. You cannot ride a bike with sandals or flip-flops.
- Sportswear: Sportswear is recommended in addition to the cycling shorts, which may absorb sweat and repel UV radiation.
- Jackets: From October to April you should take jackets with you. It may get a bit cooler in these months especially in the mountains.
- Sunscreen: The most important utensil is a sunscreen with a high protection factor. In Fuerteventura the UV exposure is very high even on cloudy days.
In the detailed descriptions of our tours under “Please note!” and “Services & Prices” you will find all important information about requirements and what you should bring. Please read them carefully before going cycling in Fuerteventura.
Fietstochten op Fuerteventura
In het noorden, centrum en zuiden van het eiland. Vind excursies bij u in de buurt.
Fietsen in het noorden
Seizoen: Hele jaar door Dagen: Woensdag en vrijdag Tijdsduur: 3 uur Moon‑like landscapes, extinct volcanic craters, wonderful beaches and chipmunks. In Corralejo starts a fantastic e-bike tour through the impressive volcanic landscape of Fuerteventura's north coast. Thanks to the energetic support…meer info
Fietsen in het midden van het eiland
Seizoen: Hele jaar door Dagen: Maandag en vrijdag Tijdsduur: 3 uur By e bike through the green oasis of the desert-like island of Fuerteventura. The guided bike tour through the verdant Barranco de la Torre starts in Caleta de Fuste. Thanks to…meer info
Fietsen in het zuiden
Seizoen: Hele jaar door Dagen: Donderdag en zaterdag Tijdsduur: 3 uur Get to know the different facets of Fuerteventura. You will be truly amazed by its scenic diversity. This guided e-bike tour leads you from Costa Calma, along the stunning coastlines of you…meer info
Dit zou u ook kunnen interesseren
Seizoen: Hele jaar door Dagen: Dagelijks Tijdsduur: 7 uur The scenic beauty of this area in the south of Fuerteventura cannot be described. You have to experience it to understand it. Picturesque mountain ranges, unspoiled nature and a wild…meer info
Seizoen: Hele jaar door Dagen: Dagelijks behalve maandag Tijdsduur: 3 uur An absolutely dynamic sightseeing tour on four wheels through Fuerteventura. An action packed drive, with everything you could wish for. It goes off onto unpaved roads in the middle of…meer info